Position Title: Accounting Clerk
Status: Full Time
Budgeted Department Name: Finance
Reports To: VP of Finance
Benefits: (medical, dental, vision, paid holidays, vacation, sick time)
SLS seeks an experienced Accounting Clerk to handle a diverse set of accounting and finance responsibilities. The position will report directly to the VP of Finance and will be involved in various functions, including processing, maintenance and reconciliation of cash, accounts receivable, accounts payable and the general ledger. The position requires and individual that is organized, attentive to detail and can independently manage multiple tasks to ensure regular deadlines are met. SLS is a fast paced, innovative start-up setting where roles are dynamic and everyone is committed to contributing wherever necessary for success. We are seeking the right mixture of skills and attitude to join our team and make an impact.
- Responsible for maintenance of the General Ledger for SLS and related entities.
- Regularly review transactions to post and reconcile bank activity to the general ledger.
- Handle Accounts Receivable, including processing invoices, applying payments and reconciling related receivable, deferred revenue and revenue balances.
- Oversee Accounts Payable, including verifying invoices for accuracy and proper GL coding.
- Assist with generating estimates and journal entries in conjunction monthly close process.
- Maintains accurate and timely reports to assist standard monthly reporting process.
- Compile and create ad hoc reporting when necessary to evaluate or analyze opportunities.
- BA/BS in Accounting or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of full-time or part-time experience in a related position.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- High competency of Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, written and oral.
- Alignment to SLS’ vision and core values
Please Submit Resume, Portfolio and References to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include name and “Accounting Clerk” in subject line.