Position Title: Business Development Manager
Status: Full Time
Budgeted Department Name: Sales
Reports To: VP of Partnerships and Brand Development
Benefits: (medical, dental, vision, paid holidays, vacation, sick time)
SLS is seeking an exceptional candidate to assist in the development of strategic business initiatives.
The Business Development Manager will assist in strategic planning of activities that support the ongoing development of SLS’ long-term business plan and objectives. This role will directly support the creation of necessary visual presentation and informational documents to support the progression of initiatives, internally and externally. This includes executing research and analysis of various needs across differing initiatives in an ever-changing landscape. The Manager is expected to have a passion for storytelling using data and identification of common goals & opportunities across multiple stakeholders. They will regularly collect, analyze and interpret data and clearly distill down pertinent information for the business development team to constantly update their toolbox. Help Inform on issues relevant to long-term business goals as well as staying ahead of the curve with trends in the sports and media landscapes
This role will is expected to be forward thinking, strategic, anticipate challenges, and push projects to completion on time and within budget. A successful candidate will be a self-sufficient problem solver who can successfully navigate complex projects with multiple stakeholders from start to finish in a fast pace environment.
The ideal candidate has business and strategic background as well as aesthetic sensibility and eye for effective information layout and design.
- Drafts & manages creation of strategic communication documents supporting internal and external initiatives, including a significant amount of visual presentations, where candidate manages ancillary departments as needed (creative, data, etc.) in order to aggregate assets for comprehensive presentation in timely fashion.
- Assists with the creation of processes to optimize current business initiatives and workflow. Provides strategic direction for processes and projects across multiple areas.
- Maintains industry-wide perspective on major trends, including macro-economic, competitive trends; identifies implications for the company and brainstorms new and innovative growth strategies. Compiles findings into a weekly Landscape Research report to aid in team-wide discussion.
- Works closely with the VP to provide information, insights and recommendations to the Management Committee regarding business strategy, growth and opportunities.
- Insight into full range of monetization efforts of company, with the responsibility of day-to-day management of internal monetization tracking tools.
- Drafts agendas for meetings that VP and/or Manager will lead
- Initiates discussions, performs due diligence, and assists in contract negotiations with third parties
- Follows competitive analysis and benchmarking to understand key areas of opportunity and development.
- Supports efforts to align and integrate the organization’s strategic priorities with business unit strategies; ensures consistency and quality; creates and communicates short and long-term strategic messages, both internally and externally.
- Leads projects and assignments, which require commitment from interdepartmental and external resources.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Self-starter with excellent strategic organization skills; ability to take a project from inception to completion while managing various departments & deadlines
- Ability to think strategically and apply thinking to presentation design and recommendations
- In-depth knowledge of media, sports, and skateboarding industry including linear, online, mobile, OTT and other emerging technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to make balanced and insightful decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Driven, self-motivated, and perseverant in the face of adversity
- Detail oriented; with a reverence for smallest details and nuances
- Positive, collaborative, enthusiastic attitude
- BS/BA degree from accredited university and 3+ years of experience in business, communications, marketing, or advertising preferred
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skill required. Proficiency in Microsoft Word. Knowledgeable in Adobe Design Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook; advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills.
- Ability to travel
- Willingness to work long hours when necessary
- Ability to distinguish and behave with a good sense of decorum; acting as a brand ambassador at all times
- Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Include name and “Business Development Manager” in subject line.