Position Title: Director of Platform Operations
Status: Full Time
Benefits: (medical, dental, vision, paid holidays, vacation, sick time)
SLS is seeking an exceptional candidate to drive project management across company-wide initiatives. This position will work with multidisciplinary teams to help identify necessary steps for success and subsequently manage relevant team-members as it relates to completion of tasks, garnering necessary approvals at multiple checkpoints within the projects’ lifetime, final delivery of assets to appropriate parties (internal and/or external). Certain projects may also involve the oversight of production of agency work across multiple channels. Milestones and overall project completion expected to happen within set timeframe and on-budget if applicable.
This position will be a key strategic partner of all internal departments and brand teams. The Director of Platform Operations will report to the VP of Partnerships & Brand Development, working closely with them to prioritize the various projects and departmental needs, flag anticipated issues or concerns, and other tasks related to ensuring overall success. The Director of Platform Operations will be expected to be self-sufficient, problem solver, able to work well with all personality types in fast pace environment in order to successfully identify and navigate complex projects with multiple stakeholders from start to finish.
Responsibilities include; execution and management of multi-channel media; management of projects through agency development processes, estimating and scope of work composition and management, composing and managing project timelines, obtaining specs across various mediums, assuring quality asset transfers to print and digital vendors, as well as vendor project coordination. Accountable as a client facing Operations position in the agency. Will need to be able to clearly articulate every facet of tactical delivery to clients and agency counterparts. Responsible for overall quality of work, deadlines and budgets for agency projects and accounts. Is a key strategic partner for all teams?
- Filters requests and assigns to appropriate resources based on defined criteria.
- Effectively manages on time, on budget delivery of projects through use of appropriate resource and processes. Drafts statement of work and scope definitions as well as traditional project estimate delivery.
- Client facing role in being able to walk internal stakeholders and clients through project schedules of critical dates, explain and clearly articulate details embedded in estimates and statements of work. Critical understanding and ability to manage client expectations in tandem with their agency counterparts.
- Educates teams around the multi-channel planning processes. Key contributor to ensuring traditional and digital pathways are aligned, that traditional and digital definition processes are applied and adhered to and that these processes are clearly understood by both internal team members and client stakeholders.
- Has a thorough knowledge and understanding of all multi-channel projects; knows what it takes creatively to develop projects (project steps, capabilities, technologies, creative responsibilities and skills, QA/QC processes print and digital).
- Facilitates Daily/weekly Status Meetings.
- Is a role model for Interactive capabilities across agency; shares capabilities, explains processes and creates awareness.
- Provides chronology of dates for development of multi-channel projects including timing for each step of the developmental process. Balances agency/client needs and consults appropriate team members for input/approvals of proposed timing scenarios.
- Estimates costs (fee and oops) associated with creative development/execution of interactive projects. Secures outside costs and supervises development thru completion for all interactive projects.
- Facilitates communication between team members in all phases of project development by ensuring all disciplines are kept abreast of action items, feedback, next steps, client communications/conference reports, project developments/status and direction etc. Ensures right people are in the right meetings.
- Project lead and liaison with vendors as necessary
Skills & Experience:
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills with dynamic, solutions-orientated approach to situations
- Outstanding communication skills (written and verbal)
- Driven, self-motivated, and perseverant in the face of adversity
- Excellent strategic organization skills; able to create and manage systems and continuously improve processes for maximum cross-departmental effectiveness
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate and interact with variety of personalities and roles
- Team player that works well in a collaborative environment
- Passionate about driving a project to the finish line
- Strong project management skills; ability to manage multiple priorities and stakeholders; track record of producing high-quality deliverables on time
- Confident and intuitive individual with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Proven experience of working with and coordinating across all departments to help support the successful and thoughtful execution
- Self-starter, able to thoughtfully progress projects autonomously as well as be a team player
- Personable; positive and enthusiastic attitude; fun to be around; collaborative spirit
- Proficiency in Excel and/or project management software
- Ability to travel to all SLS events, including proper management and execution of on-site tasks as needed
- Dedication to premium execution of wide variety of projects, including willingness to work long hours when necessary
- Ability to distinguish and behave with a good sense of decorum; acting as a brand ambassador at all times
- BS/BA degree from accredited university
Send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Include name and “Director of Platform Operations” in subject line.