Position Title: Marketing Manager
Status: Full Time
Budgeted Department Name: Marketing
Reports To: President/COO
Benefits: (medical, dental, vision, paid holidays, vacation, sick time)
The Marketing Manager will work closely with the Creative team to manage and implement marketing programs and events. This position will independently and proactively plan logistics, arrangements, activation, staffing, and execution for League contests and promotions.
The Marketing Manager role is to act as a project manager driving and supporting the execution of company marketing initiatives. The primary responsibility is to ensure flawless execution of the annual marketing plan, including but not limited to national advertising programs, managing brand promotions, and driving event marketing and ticket sales, with a large allocation of time given towards the SLS World Tour. As the project lead on many key initiatives, the Marketing Manager should be well experienced in managing multiple workstreams across a variety of projects, often as an influencer of other functional areas/groups. Typical projects will include communications management, brand strategy, creative copy development, and visual design. In addition to project management, the Marketing Manager will also be responsible for analyzing, tracking and monitoring key marketing data, including national and regional media plans, consumer research, and advertising tracking studies. The Marketing Manager will report to the President/COO.
As part of a small, dynamic team, qualified individuals will be: able to work well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment; self-motivated; flexible; extremely organized; very detail-oriented; tenacious yet tactful; confident and diplomatic; a strong problem solver; able to work well under pressure in order to meet project deadlines; proactive and positive attitude is a must.
- Oversee, develop and execute events and promotions.
- Proactive execution of creative onsite activations appropriate to each sponsor, and driving expected ticket sales results.
- Manage marketing communications for marketing programs.
- Contribute creative ideas and solutions for campaigns and marketing programs.
- Act as onsite event team leader at national, regional, and local events.
- Manage a team of local promotional employees.
- Create energy and excitement around and throughout each event.
- Expand promotional opportunities for events.
- Take ownership of the success of the event.
- Ensure all event attendees have a positive and unique experience.
- Manage the SPoT relationship (Tampa pro/Tampa am/Damn am).
- Liaison with PR agency and collaborate as needed.
- Manage all onsite media requests.
- Maintain yearly event and promotions calendar.
- Develop and manage contests and promotions relating to events.
- Creatively document Street League marketing activities and events.
- Assist Marketing department with all logistics as needed to execute projects effectively and successfully.
- Guide and monitor the brand identity throughout the business consistently.
- Contribute to forecasting and building yearly initiative plans.
- Understand and maintain brand definitions and standards.
- Drive marketing event planning and production.
- Develop creative activation ideas for events.
- Contribute with proposing, maintaining, and reconciling budgets.
- Travel to key event locations to build/strengthen relationships and assess event/partnership success.
- Proactively seek out new ideas that support the marketing objectives.
- Responsible for tracking and monitoring key marketing data, consumer research, and advertising tracking studies.
- Responsible for overseeing inventory maintenance of all event supplies and equipment.
- May be asked to perform duties or contribute support in various other ways subject to business needs.
- Extensive knowledge of action sports lifestyle.
- Event production / management and customer service experience.
- Proven ability to drive ticket sales results for live events.
- Ongoing awareness of relevant market conditions and trends is a must.
- Proven record of strong attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through. Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks, and to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Sense of urgency to drive projects through all phases, adhering to tight deadlines and changing situations with the ability to learn and react quickly; a willingness to be held accountable for results is a requirement.
- Brilliant decision making and problem solving skills.
- Strong computer and analytical skills; detailed experience with spreadsheets.
- Expert or advance knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Proven ability to manage a budget with focus on efficiency, effectiveness and cost control.
- Creative thinking skills and ability to brainstorm with a team.
- Willingness to travel (25-50%) and work over weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Solution and results oriented.
- Solid knowledge of marketing and/or marketing principals.
- Ability to conduct work in a self-directed manner with limited supervision and as part of a team.
- The candidate should have strong project management skills in a marketing/advertising organization, be very detailed oriented, and possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to mentor, develop, and train interns.
- Ability to interact effectively with different personality styles and with employees at all levels of the organization; must possess confidence in communication style and be outgoing and comfortable working with people.
- Ability to understand and respond to all issues related to assigned projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with online communities.
- Active participation in action sports lifestyle.
- Extensive internet knowledge (understanding of online communities, social networking trends, and relevant media habits of the Street League primary consumer).
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in advertising, marketing, business administration, or communications.
- 3+ years action sports event marketing experience and/or in either a marketing / media agency or a B-to-C marketing organization.
- Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include name and “Marketing Manager” in subject line.