2018 Trick of the Year Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. ALL DECISIONS AND DETERMINATIONS MADE BY CONTEST SPONSOR ARE FINAL. ENTRY INTO THE CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
BY PARTICIPATING, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THEY ARE PARTICIPATING AT THEIR OWN RISK AND THAT NEITHER THE SPONSOR NOR ANY CONTEST ENTITY IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PHYSICAL HARM OR DEATH THAT MAY BEFALL ANY ENTRANT AS A RESULT OF PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST. PARTICIPANTS SHOULD NOT EXPOSE THEMSELVES OR OTHERS TO ANY DANGEROUS, HARMFUL OR ILLEGAL BEHAVIOR OR ACTIVITY AT ANY TIME DURING THIS CONTEST. PARTICIPANTS AGREE TO ABIDE BY ALL TRAFFIC, SAFETY, AND OTHER APPLICABLE LAWS. ALL ENTRANTS MUST ACT RESPONSIBLY AND USE COMMON SENSE.
AS A CONDITION TO ENTER THIS CONTEST, YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ASSIGN OR LICENSE SOME OF YOUR RIGHTS IN YOUR SUBMISSION TO SPONSOR. PLEASE READ THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS BELOW FOR DETAILS.
OVERVIEW/SPONSOR: The 2018 Trick of the Year Contest (the “Contest”) is a video submission skill-based contest sponsored, owned, and operated by Street League, Inc.(“SLS”) and the People’s Choice Award is presented by Active Ride Shop (“Active”, along with SLS, collectively referred to herein as “Sponsors”).
1. Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules (“Official Rules”) and Sponsor’s and judges’ decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon acceptance of these Official Rules and fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Instagram or any affiliate thereof.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to Instagram users who: (i) at the time of entry, are at least 13 years of age or older; (ii) are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia; and (iii) have not purchased anything for the purpose of entering the Contest (collectively, the “Eligibility Criteria”). Void in Puerto Rico, The U.S. Virgin Islands, and wherever prohibited by law. Employees of either SLS or Active, or their parent and affiliated
companies as well as their respective family members and persons living in their same household whether related or not (the “Contest Entities”), are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
For purposes of this Contest, “Entrant” means the person who actually performs the skateboarding trick within the Submission (as defined below). Any person submitting a Submission on an Entrant’s behalf must have the prior written permission and authority of the Entrant, or the Submission will be disqualified. With respect to participation of a minor (as defined in his or her state of residence), such individual shall clear his or her participation in the Contest and his or her understanding of these Official Rules with her or his parent or legal guardian(s) who shall be deemed the Entrant for such minor individual hereunder. Participation in the Contest constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules.
3. TIMING: The Contest begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on January 01, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. PT on January 9, 2019 (the “Contest Period“). The Contest Period consists of an entry period (“Entry Period”) and a judging period ( “Judging Period”) as depicted in the table below. All Submissions must be entered into the Contest during the Entry Period. SLS’ server shall be official clock of the Contest.
|Entry Period:||Jan. 1, 2018 at 12:00:00 a.m. PT||Dec. 31, 2018 at 11:59:59 p.m. PT|
|Judging Period:||Jan. 2, 2019 at 9:00:00 a.m. PT||Jan. 9, 2019 at 11:59:59 p.m. PT|
4. HOW TO ENTER: Each Entrant may enter the Contest by visiting streetleague.com/trickoftheyear (the “Website”) during the Entry Period and following the instructions, add the hashtag #trickoftheyear on an authorized and/or owned video within the Entrant’s public Instagram account (each such video a “Submission”). Each Entrant may enter
an unlimited number of Submissions, subject in each case to these Official Rules. All Submissions will be displayed on the Website and/or the SLS Network (as defined below) during the Contest Period with the exception of any Submission that violates the Submission Standards (as defined below) or these Official Rules, in each case as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. All Submissions may be edited, tagged and branded with advertising and logos of the Contest Entities.
5. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: By entering a Submission, the Entrant certifies, represents, and warrants that (i) the Submission is Entrant’s original video or audio visual content, footage and photographs and does not and will not infringe, misappropriate or violate any third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other proprietary or intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy of any third party, or violate any applicable law or regulation when used as contemplated in these Official Rules; (ii) Entrant has all rights and licenses necessary to grant to Sponsor the rights granted herein in and to the Submission and
Appearance (defined below) and (iii) the Submission consists of one (1) video that conforms to the following Submission Guidelines and Submission Restrictions (collectively, the “Entry Requirements”):
- Videos must not contain watermarks.
- Must not be of poor visual and/or audio quality.
- Submission must be original.
- No duplicate Submissions may be submitted
- Videos must be submitted via Entrant’s authenticated Instagram account and must follow Instagram video policy guidelines listed here: https://instagram.com/about/legal/terms/
- Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement.
- Submission does not contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media or musical material) without written permission;
- Submission must not disparage the Sponsors or any other person or party affiliated with the Contest.
- Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, libelous or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- Submission cannot be profane, pornographic, sexually explicit or suggestive or contain nudity.
- Submission cannot be violent or promote firearms/weapons.
- Submission cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs or tobacco.
- Submission cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about people, brands, products or companies.
- Submission cannot contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Submission must not contain unsportsmanlike conduct, extraordinarily dangerous acts, or reckless acts.
- Submission cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which the Sponsors wish to associate.
- Submission must not depict products or brands competitive with those of the Sponsors, as determined by the Sponsors in their sole discretion.
- Submission cannot depict illegal activity and cannot itself be in violation of any law.
Compliance with the foregoing requirements shall be determined by SLS in its sole discretion. SLS may, in its sole discretion, remove, discard and/or disqualify any Submission that is deemed to be inappropriate or otherwise non-compliant with these Official Rules.
These Official Rules govern SLS’ (and its designee(s)) use of Entrant’s name, nickname, image, likeness, rights of publicity, voice, appearance, live or recorded performance, autograph, photographs and biographical information (collectively, “Appearance”) as included in the Submission, and to the extent that Entrant recognizably appears in the Submission, Entrant grants to SLS (and its designee(s)) the right to use the Appearance or portion thereof within or in connection with the Submissions, in any and all media now known or hereafter created, including, but not limited to, the Website and/or the SLS Network as necessary to exercise the rights granted in these Official Rules without attribution, compensation, additional compensation, notification, permission, or consent.
The Sponsors do not claim any ownership rights in or to the Submission or the Appearance including all intellectual property rights, rights of publicity or privacy and moral rights therein. SLS owns all right, title and interest in and to any and all SLS Materials (defined below) (excluding the Submission and Appearance), including all intellectual property rights, rights of publicity or privacy and moral rights therein.
6. SELECTION OF WINNERS:
The Grand Prize Winner and the Runner-Up Prize Winner will each be determined by a combination of expert judging and public voting. Public voting will be available on Instagram throughout the Contest Period. Any individual in the world (the “Public”) can vote on each eligible Submission on Instagram one (1) time during the Contest Period. During the Judging Period, each eligible Submission will also be judged by a panel of five (10) judges who are experts in the skateboarding industry (the “Judging Panel”) to be selected and designated by SLS. The determinations of SLS and the Judging Panel will be final and binding in all respects.
At the conclusion of the Contest Period, the Public and the Judging Panel will
select up to ten (10) Finalists to move on to the Judging Period. On or about January 13th, 2018, the Judging Panel will use the Judging Criteria to select a Grand Prize Winner and a People’s Choice Prize Winner from the selected Finalists using the Judging Criteria set forth below from all the eligible Submissions.
The evaluation of the Judging Panel will carry 90% of the weight for determination for the Grand Prize Winner, and the public voting on Instagram will carry 10% of the weight.
7. JUDGING CRITERIA: The Judging Panel will evaluate each eligible Submission based on the following criteria
- Degree of Difficulty of Trick: (50%)
- Performance and Style: (25%) and
- Spot and/or Obstacle: (25%)
The Judging Panel will decide the Winners at their sole discretion. One (1) Grand Prize Winner and one (1) Runner-Up Prize Winner will be determined. THE DECISIONS OF THE SPONSORS AND THE JUDGING PANEL ARE FINAL AND BINDING AS TO ALL ENTRANTS.
- NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION: All Winners will be posted on SLS’ official website (i.e. www.streetleague.com), ETN, and/or Sponsors’ social media pages (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, Twitter). Winners will be notified individually via Instagram direct message and will be required to sign, notarize and return, within ten (10) days of notification, an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Waiver, a W-9 or W-BEN Form and where allowable, a Publicity Release (individually a “Release” and collectively, the “Releases“). These Releases will require Winners to furnish his/her Social Security Number, or other tax identification information, for the sole purpose of tax reporting, as required by law. Noncompliance will result in disqualification and an alternate Winner with the next highest judging score may be notified. Should there be any question as to originality of a winning Submission, or in the event that ownership of Submission cannot be satisfactorily determined by SLS, SLS reserves the right to revoke a prize and disqualify the Submission. Without limiting any other terms of these Official Rules, if a potential Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize and/or where applicable a Release is not timely received, is incomplete or modified, the applicable prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate Winner. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a prize Winner, the entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email account specified in the entry. Should there be any question as to originality of a winning Submission, or in the event that ownership of Submission cannot be satisfactorily determined by SLS, SLS reserves the right to revoke a prize and disqualify the Submission. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. No automatically generated entries will be accepted.
- PRIZES: There is one (1) Grand Prize and one (1) Runner-Up Prize.
ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE
One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive ten thousand dollars ($10,000 USD).
ONE (1) RUNNER-UP PRIZE
One (1) Runner-Up Prize Winner will receive a certain sponsorship services from Active with a value equal to approximately one thousand dollars ($1,000). The specific sponsorship deliverables and the timing of their delivery will be at Active’s sole discretion.
Total ARV of all Prizes (in the aggregate) is $11,000.
10. ADDITIONAL PRIZE TERMS:
Prizes are not assignable or transferable and may not be sold. Winners are responsible for all federal, state, local and income taxes associated with winning prize. Winners will be required to furnish his/her social security number for the sole purpose of preparation of any tax forms as required by law.
By accepting a prize, each Winner further agrees to release each of SLS and Active, from any and all liability, loss or damage of any kind arising out of or in connection with such Winner’s participation in this Contest or with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize.
No confidential relationship is established by any Entrant and the Contest Entities as a result of entering the Contest. None of the information submitted by the Entrant will be treated as trade secrets, confidential information or as protected data under any obligation. Potential Entrants do not receive by way of or under the Contest any intellectual property or other rights in any copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade names, technology, trade secrets or know-how of the Sponsor or any third party.
The prizes are a single indivisible package; and any refusal of a Winner (or potential Winner as the case may be) to accept any terms or any portion of a prize package or any attempt to transfer, sell, fail to cooperate with, renounce, repudiate and/or refuse any part of a prize package may immediately disqualify such Winner (or potential Winner) from the Contest and/or cause such Winner (or potential winner) to forfeit all or any portion of the prize package in the Administrator’s sole discretion. In the event of disqualification of a Winner, SLS may select the Entrant with the next highest ranking as determined by the Judging Panel as the Winner. ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED.
11. GRANT OF RIGHTS: EACH ENTRANT WILL, JOINTLY AND SEVERALLY, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS (I.E., ENTRANT WILL BE FULLY LIABLE, INDIVIDUALLY, TO PAY ANY AND ALL DAMAGES), CONTEST ENTITIES FROM ANY FEES, ROYALTIES, COSTS AND EXPENSES (COLLECTIVELY, “COSTS”) ARISING OUT OF ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIMS, LAWSUITS, COMPLAINTS, ACTIONS, CAUSES OF ACTION, DAMAGES, LIABILITIES,
(“CLAIMS”) TO THE CONTRARY AND ANY CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO ENTRANT’S SUBMISSION OR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR THE ADMINSTRATOR’S OR ASSOCIATED PARTIES EXERCISE OF THE RIGHTS GRANTED AND CONTEMPLATED HEREIN.
By entering the Contest and/or submitting any Submission, Entrant hereby grants to SLS and their respective licensees, successors and assigns a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, fully paid-up, royalty-free right and license, with the right to sublicense to use, reproduce, prepare derivative works, copy, adapt, modify, distribute, reference, store, cache, license, sell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast and otherwise exploit such Submission, in whole or in part, for commercial or non-commercial purposes, including but not limited to the marketing, promoting and advertising of the SLS brand, products and services, monetization of content through advertising, subscription, licensing and other means, including as incorporated in video or audio visual content, text, graphics, artwork, photographs, templates, and other content or materials created by or on behalf of SLS (the “SLS Materials”), including but not limited on and through third-party distribution channels selected by, but not affiliated with, any of the Contest Entities; you also grant SLS the right to sublicense these rights to third parties (including without limitation Active) for distribution via third party distribution channels, which may include viral distribution of your Submission (Entrant agrees that SLS nor any third party distribution channels have any obligation to provide any compensation to you for your Submission or the licenses granted herein), in any form, medium or technology now known or later developed, including, but not limited to, the following (collectively, the “SLS Network”):
- Online / Mobile: All forms of transmission over the Internet, mobile carrier networks, satellite networks or other method of connectivity (as defined below), including, without limitation, all forms of streaming technologies and downloads accessible on or through any and all websites, applications, gaming and/or media platforms, social media services and/or other offerings made available by SLS and/or third parties;
- PR / Industrial / Retail: All public relations, media outreach and/or industrial uses, including, without limitation, the exhibition, performance and other use of the Works and Other Materials at retail establishments (e.g., “point-of-sale” and “point-of-purchase” displays), kiosks, trade shows, conventions, sales and/or marketing meetings and other industrial and/or promotional events;
- a. Print Media: The display and other use of Other Materials in and in connection with all forms of print media, including, without limitation, catalogues, newspaper and magazine articles, editorials, advertising and circulars, merchandise packaging and product manuals;
- b. Out-Of-Home / Transit / Events: The exhibition, display, performance and other use of the Works and Other Materials via all forms of out-of-home advertising (including, without limitation, on billboards, “bus wrappers” and in other public places), in public or private transportation (including, without limitation, airline flights, trains, subway cars, buses, taxis, limousines and “ride-sharing” services) and at public events (including, without limitation, on electronic billboards and video displays at those public events);
- c. Television: All forms of television media, whether linear or on-demand (including, without limitation, all forms of local, regional and network broadcast, pay, cable, satellite and internet protocol television);
- d. Theatrical: Theatrical exhibition (including, without limitation, as embodied in motion pictures);
- e. Home Video / EST: All home video formats (i.e., DVD, Blu-Ray, VHS and other fixed, transportable audiovisual media) and the “electronic sell-through” of motion pictures and television programs embodying the Works in digital download formats; and
- f. Other Uses: Any other exhibition, display, performance, communication to the public, distribution, exploitation or other use of the Works and/or Other Materials not set forth above.
Entrant agrees to obtain the appropriate licenses, permissions, and/or releases from the owner of such music, images, video, audio, photos, text, or other material embedded within the Submission, or other people that recognizably appear in the Submission, (“Third Party Materials”). SLS may request that entrant provide a completed standard release form for any Third Party Materials as a condition to receiving any Prizes.
12. GENERAL TERMS: By entering, Entrant acknowledges that Sponsors have no obligation to use or post any Submission or permit any Entrant to participate who enters a Submission that violates or is not eligible under these Official Rules. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or terminate the Contest or any portion thereof. Any attempt by an entrant or other individual to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this CONTEST, including but not limited to any fraudulent claims, may be a violation of criminal and civil laws – and should such an attempt be made, SLS reserves the right to seek remedies and damages from any such individual, to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Proof of entering or making a Submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by SLS of entry. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or like entry methods will void all Submissions affected by such methods and be deemed tampering. Persons engaging in any of the foregoing activities may be disqualified. SLS’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. By participating, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of SLS and/or Judging Panel and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules. In addition, Entrants agree to receive news and offers from Sponsors, and SLS’ affiliates and promotional partners and supporters. SLS reserves the right to make changes or additions to these Official Rules and/or change the dates of the Contest at any time. This Contest is governed by the laws of the State of California. By entering, Entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Los Angeles County, California for the resolution of any disputes. By making a Submission, you agree that (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorney’s fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
THE ENFORCEMENT AND INTERPRETATION OF THESE CONTEST RULES SHALL BE EXCLUSIVELY DETERMINED BY SLS IN THEIR SOLE DISCRETION. ALL ENTRANTS AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL SUCH SLS DETERMINATIONS AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SUCH DETERMINATIONS ARE FINAL AND NON-APPEALABLE.
13. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: SLS is not responsible for: (i) technical problems or technical malfunction which may affect the operation of the Contest, including but not limited to any of the following occurrences (a) hardware or software errors; (b) faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; (c) errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; (d) garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; (e) failure of any e-mail transmissions to be sent to or received; (f) any inability to upload or download any information in connection with participation in the Contest; (g) inaccessibility of Contest platform or the Website, in whole or in part for any reason, or traffic congestions on the Internet; (h) lost, late, delayed, corrupted or intercepted e-mail or Submission transmissions; (i) unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; (j) destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an account used in connection with the Contest, including but not limited to, undeliverable contact attempts that result from any form of active or passive email filtering by a user’s Internet service provider and/or email client or for insufficient space in user’s account to receive email; (k) any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Website or Contest platform; (ii) flood, earthquake or other acts of God; (iii) work stoppages or other labor interruptions; or (iv) any personal injury, death, or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user’s or any other person’s computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest, use of the Website, Contest platform, filming of Submissions, or the download of any information from the Website or Contest platform.
IN NO EVENT WILL CONTEST ENTITIES BE LIABLE TO ENTRANTS FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS OR PROFITS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH ENTRANTS’ PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT SPONSOR HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
Entrant acknowledges that Contest Entities, Instagram, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, officers, directors, shareholders and prize providers (collectively “Released Parties” and individually “Released Party”) shall not be liable for any injury, death, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience, or other irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (i) by any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other suppliers or any of their agents, servants, employees, or independent contractors (collectively, “Suppliers”); (ii) by any defect in or failure of any vehicle, equipment, accessories, instrumentality, service, product, or accommodation that is owned, operated, furnished, or used by any of those Suppliers; (iii) by the wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not directly employed by that Released Party; or (iv) by any cause, condition, or event whatsoever beyond the control of that Released Party. Entrant hereby waives, releases and discharges each Released Party from and against any claims, damages or liability, even if caused by the negligence or willful misconduct of the Released Party, for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience, or irregularity arising out of or relating to any person (including, but not limited to, death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Contest or in any Contest-related activity or from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize.
By entering the Contest, Entrants acknowledge that they are familiar with the provisions of California Civil Code Section 1542, which provides as follows:
A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.
Accordingly, by entering the Contest, Entrants (on their behalf and on behalf of their heirs, executors, administrators, personal representatives, predecessors, successors and assigns of any of the foregoing, and all other persons and entities asserting rights of or acting on behalf of the entrant) hereby waive and relinquish any right or benefit which Entrant or such persons has, have or may have against Contest Entities under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of the State of California, or under any similar statutory or common law of any other jurisdiction to the full extent that any such person may lawfully waive such rights and benefits pertaining to the releases set forth in these Official Rules, the Website and Contest platform TOU and applicable privacy policies.
In the event of early termination of the Contest for any reason at Sponsor’s sole discretion, a notice will be posted on the Website, Template Site and Contest platform and judging will be conducted from among the eligible Entrants received prior to termination using the process described in Paragraphs 5 and 6.
14. ARBITRATION: Any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to these Official Rules or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof, including the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, shall be determined by arbitration in Los Angeles, California before one arbitrator. The arbitration shall be administered by JAMS pursuant to its Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures. Judgment on the Award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. This clause shall not preclude parties from seeking provisional remedies in aid of arbitration from a court of appropriate jurisdiction. The parties shall equally advance the costs incurred by arbitration. The arbitrator, however, shall have the discretion to award such costs, as well as attorneys’ fees, to the party prevailing in the arbitration proceedings.
16. WINNERS LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: For a list of the prize Winners, which will be available seven (7) days after the announcement of the Winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Prize Winner, Street League Skateboarding, 19851 Nordoff PL STE 105 Chatsworth, CA 91311 within sixty (60) days of the last day of the Contest Period. For a copy of these Official Rules, send a legal-size, self-addressed, stamped envelope to Contest Rules, Street League Skateboarding, 19851 Nordoff PL STE 105 Chatsworth, CA 91311 prior to the end of the Contest Period. Vermont residents may omit return postage with Official Rules requests.
17. CONTACT: Street League Skateboarding, 19851 Nordoff PL STE 105 Chatsworth, CA 91311, email@example.com.